Monday, June 1, 2015

WEEK 32


MAY 25TH- MAY 31ST

 

I was thinking about how I had very few photos of the rain and it occurred to me that it really hasn't rained that much since October-- we had a 100+ inches of snow, of course, but very little actual rain. But that was rectified this week with a couple of solid days of rain. So this week it's mostly about the rainy day (and night) shots.

Storm Approaching 



Storm Approaching B&W


I really like the light right after the storm too.  Of course it's easier to shoot post storm than in the middle of the storm.

After Storm


Umbrella Meet


Just in Case




 Sometimes I focus too much on a "dramatic" sky, with crazy clouds or an intense blue- but sometimes a solid gray sky sky can be quite impressive on it's own.


Grey Sky 


I'm a sucker for the effect of isolating one bit of color in a black and white shot-- I think it mostly works, though when the color really stands out in real life too. That was the case here - I didn't have to remove very much color--the day and the street was very monochrome and the purple truly did stand out.


Purple Jacket


The reflection of the wet streets at night are another nice rain side effect


Wet Streets



Dunkin 



Shadows 



Late Night Coffee








No comments:

Post a Comment