Monday, June 8, 2015

WEEK 33

JUNE 1ST - 7TH

 

This week I was interested in shadows. I did some daytime shadows and some at night. I never planned to break up the weeks with themes, like roofs and shadows etc.; but it seems like a good way to get some ideas and get the creativity flowing as I enter the last third of the project. 

So here's some day shadows-


Bars



Bike Stand w/Tree Shadows


And some night shadows

Shadowy End of the Street


My and My Shadow



Rustle



I've taken a similar shot to this earlier. I get the effect from headlights coming up Edgerely Rd and projecting the shadow of the bikes tied up onto the wall. For this one I tried to get a long, low perspective.


Bike Shadow Projection


This was shot into trees that were being lit from the floodlights on the ground in the plaza. It was 9PM so definitely dark. Interesting how the sky came out so blue. I think there was still a hint of twilight in the sky, so I guess that being lit by the floodlights is where the blue comes from.


Twilight Trees
 


A couple of more interesting night shots, playing with the lights


Through the Chair Stacks



Grass Light


So happy to grab a shot of our awesome UPS man. We've had the same main guy for at least 15 years.

UPS Guy


If you are squeamish, you might want to skip this last photo. There's not a lot of wildlife oh Haviland, mostly birds and rats-- this little guy met an untimely end. Not sure what happened here, but it looks like he lost the back of his head.

R.I.P.
  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment